Stoneburner Gaming Facebook Link
Stoneburner Gaming Steam Group Link
Stoneburner Gaming Minecraft Chat Logs
Stoneburner Gaming Minecraft Dynamic Map

Poll: Which ideas are cool? Do suggest others btw!
This poll is closed.
Dayz:SA
10.00%
2 10.00%
Civ5
15.00%
3 15.00%
TF2
25.00%
5 25.00%
KTANE
20.00%
4 20.00%
Cards
30.00%
6 30.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Comps and game congregations?
Views 918
Replies 7
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
So, with my semester drawing near to an end (In two weeks time'ish), I can get back to doing these things for a while.

Which brings me onto a point, what to host eh? I'll make it clear I'm not really planning anything MC related, continued failure with those.... well yeah...  ANYWAY, we have a few choices of what we can do, these aren't all comps, some are just us grouping up in a game at a time to do stuff!

A) DayZ:SA               With 0.59 hitting experimental yesterday, my hopes are high for it to hit stable by the time we can get something arranged. (Zeds are back, more vics, etc!) Could try and work together to rustle up a bus on some server and then let the amusing situations fold out, who knows!

B) Civ5 (With BNW) Community balance patch:           Changes a tonne of stuff, balances things and generally makes it a more enjoyable game to play again, could set up a game one night and continue it through over a period of time?

C) TF2?                 I've no experiance with hosting servers but I sure as hell know riding does. So we could set up some sorta event on there?

D) Keep talking and nobody explodes:                  Self explanatory, one of us jumps on as bomb disfuser while everyone else sits in discord or w/e and has the manual on hand, we shout over each other in a rampant attempt to not die.

E) Cards against humanity:            Good old cards eh?

F) Planetside 2                 Simple enough, join a faction and group up as a squad, whether we derp around in vics or infantry who cares?

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A GAUGE OF INTEREST THREAD AND MULTIPLE VOTES ARE APPRECIATED. iT ALLOWS ME TO FIGURE OUT WHAT WE ARE INTERESTED IN AND ALLOWS ME TO PREPARE FOR HOLDING ANY OF THE LIKED IDEAS

For ideas added after the poll. Just say you vote for them in further commetns, Tongue

I remember we tried doing a Civ 5 thing once and we got through like 3 turns in an hour then someone had to leave so everything fell apart lol. I really love KTANE and cards against humanity is always hilarious I'd be keen to play that any time Big Grin

[Image: nnvfhg.jpg]
[Image: 2rgyiye.jpg] [Image: n2gznk.jpg] [Image: 2nqsmqp.jpg]
I voted for Civ V. But I do agree it is a very long and drawn out game. Plus the more people there are in a match, it seems there is more room for game match errors and people leaving, which the latter is inevitable. Then there's the issue of who will save the game map (usually the host) and the bigger issue of everyone agreeing on a time to meet and play again, which is where the game usually dies off.

Suggesting GMod and Trove.

GMod games are awesome. Murder, Prop Hunt and TTT are definitely good fun and something I would play more of if you guys played it too.

[Image: nnvfhg.jpg]
[Image: 2rgyiye.jpg] [Image: n2gznk.jpg] [Image: 2nqsmqp.jpg]
would get Gmod if I knew there was enough people to play it with
it always looks like a heap of fun

I'm in favor of PS2(Planetside 2) or Cards, as i don't have of the other games....
I'm perfectly willing to have a go at a game with a relatively small download size and is f2p.

[Image: voices.jpg]