Stoneburner Gaming Minecraft Dynamic Map

My thoughts.
Views 354
Replies 15
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Dear Tekkit players.

First off, Thank you for being so good to the server and not griefing. We know tekkit has to have lesser security, so this was a massive risk, but for the most part, I'm making a note here - HUGE SUCCESS.

I am VERY, VERY pleased with the overall work that everyone has done on this server. For instance, Regox and Mr Nice Guys pirate ship? Looks absolutely marvelous. This is only one of the many BEAUTIFUL constuctions in the server, and I really am very impressed.

I however, have to address something that I really didn't want to address. Griefing. We've had our very first grief, and fortunately most of the tekkit blocks are much more blast resistant. I'm very much believing that this first grief was the result of using TNT, one of the only blasting blocks I left enabled. As we all know, TNT is the griefers choice for destruction, and the grief wasn't a total destruction of a building. I will be resetting the map in November, and I'll be doing a lot of patching up on a few blocks we've missed banning, and blocks that I didn't want to ban. As the saying goes - "This is why we can't have nice things." ((Please note - I do not know whether TNT was used, but I do like to believe it was likely))

Sorry to end this on a bad note - But believe me, I'm very, very proud of you and your work. Keep up the good work, You Teknical lot, you. Smile

Oh yeah. Before I forget, if anyone has anything they want to show off, they are more than welcome. You may have to press F1 to remove the Reis Minimap if you don't want anyone to see where this is Tongue

[Image: b_560_95_1.png]
Err, why do people grief like seriously.... This is the reason I have added motion sensors and traps around my area.

I also think this may be the second because I walked into a house at spawn which had like 6 blocks broken but hey that may of been him/she moving so I didn't report, but looking back now I should of made an inquiry about it.

anyway, we still have a map of what we have and then we can get our wealth back!!!

Thank you,
Harrison.

This is why I generally live a distance from spawn few people find it and if they do they will probably be seen. Tongue

I wrote Hall a quick PM asking him whether he was able to fix the Tekkit server so that it has the same kind of protections as main (in the 'rollback/find out who did it' sense, rather than the 'PROHIBIT ALL THE BAD/FUN THINGS' sense) as they are currently installed, but "durned iffn I ken why they ain't workin' so good".

Maybe he can help, maybe he can't, but it's better (IMO) than just stopping people using anything that could be remotely used as something destructive... So let's hope he can ^^

And if he can't, we could always (Admins) offer free Forcefield setup (of a certain respectable size) to new-folk...?

[Image: Robereid_zps75b54298.png]
Just saying that things like nuclear reactors can be used to grief but is excessively costly to make.

I've seen a few relative unknowns ask to be whitelisted on that server and be approved... maybe it's time for tougher restrictions on who gets in?

[Image: dreadofmondayssmall.png]
2:19:20 PM: T_Nigs Wrote:use common sense
(23-08-2012, 06:05 PM)Dreadofmondays Wrote:  I've seen a few relative unknowns ask to be whitelisted on that server and be approved... maybe it's time for tougher restrictions on who gets in?
Maybe a minimum rank on SMP before being whitelisted??? Or something to do with Forum/Server time?

(23-08-2012, 06:05 PM)Dreadofmondays Wrote:  I've seen a few relative unknowns ask to be whitelisted on that server and be approved... maybe it's time for tougher restrictions on who gets in?
I've been toying with this idea myself, to tell the truth.

(23-08-2012, 07:12 PM)DKoda Wrote:  
I've been toying with this idea myself, to tell the truth.
Even though there is the higher grief potential it would be kinda annoying to market the Tekkit server as a "Member's only" kinda job. I guess if you want that kind of angle then there is no problem with them haveing to get like Builder or something to be whitelisted. The only way to restrict access is to fully restrict it so:
1: Must obtain (x) rank on SMP or (y) rank on Classic (Your choice if you think classic players should have to put more effort into SMP before Tekkit)
2: No prior record of bans (temp or permanent)
3: Offences on the Tekkit server will result in much Harsher consiquences due to the air of good faith involved. What might normally get a 3 day temp ban may result in a permanent ban from Tekkit and a punishment to transfer over to the other servers too.

If you make Tekkit a special section of SMP then you could do the whole carrying over punishment thing, making grief on Tekkit worth more punishment.
(I am typing as a think here so just pick out the ideas you like or discard the whole mess)

[Image: nnvfhg.jpg]
[Image: 2rgyiye.jpg] [Image: n2gznk.jpg] [Image: 2nqsmqp.jpg]
Oh. I will be extending bans to SMP if severe enough, or vice versa of they're whitelisted. Don't worry about that. If you can't be trusted on SMP, you can't be trusted on tekkit - which has less security.

On the new map change, whitelist rules will be edited. That'll be a primary change. A couple extra blocks may be removed too.