Stoneburner Gaming Minecraft Chat Logs
Stoneburner Gaming Minecraft Dynamic Map

New Ban Rules
Views 3795
Replies 22
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
After giving it much thought, and with some input from Regox, I've decided to implement a new ban system (Mostly regarding SMP, however maybe Classic as well in some cases).
As of now, bans are no longer all indefinite (exceptions being severe cases/multiple repeat offenders), and have set lengths. For instance, we'll say Player1 was banned for griefing a few blocks. Well, that's a 7 day ban. He/she can apply for an unban sooner than that after at least 2 days go by, however, and should the appeal be approved, then they can be unbanned sooner than that 7 days.
However, with that said, here's the ban lengths (open for debate).

Also, the Regox part of this is here...
If your friend/brother/potato is banned, and you ask to have them unbanned/given an appeal chance, then they partly become your responsibility as well, and if they mess up their chance, you shall get a demotion in rank.

Any and all of this is open for your thoughts/opinions. Wink

[Image: peppy2.png]
well this new ban system isn't too bad actually Tongue (nudge nudge mind if I'm unbanned? Wink XD (kidding kidding ill just wait XD))

yeah does this ban system affect the current reports of smp and classic?

<<<Stardus>>>
My potato has been banned for 2 years and would like to come back to the server. But I think these are fair, but does a ban count if it was for 2 mins?

also just to confirm Rei's mini-map is still approved as a usable "hack"?

Sounds Good. I think it will be simpler if the current appeals are completed under the old system as to save any confusion.

(05-03-2013, 05:12 PM)johnkima Wrote:  also just to confirm Rei's mini-map is still approved as a usable "hack"?
Yes, it is allowed.

Also, I think the new rules are alright, except for this part:
(05-03-2013, 04:56 PM)Peppy Wrote:  If your friend/brother/potato is banned, and you ask to have them unbanned/given an appeal chance, then they partly become your responsibility as well, and if they mess up their chance, you shall get a demotion in rank.

That doesn't seem fair. If the person you're asking to be given another chance griefs, it's their fault, not yours. I don't think it's fair if the person asking gets demoted too...

[Image: 7IJN0.png]
[Image: 76561198054477983.png]
I was hoping something like this would come in, Thanks Regox and Peppy!

~Shor Empire~
--------------
~Sign up today~
(05-03-2013, 05:26 PM)ridingmaster Wrote:  
(05-03-2013, 04:56 PM)Peppy Wrote:  If your friend/brother/potato is banned, and you ask to have them unbanned/given an appeal chance, then they partly become your responsibility as well, and if they mess up their chance, you shall get a demotion in rank.

That doesn't seem fair. If the person you're asking to be given another chance griefs, it's their fault, not yours. I don't think it's fair if the person asking gets demoted too...
Well, you have to take into account the fact that you are cutting out all the hard work for the person banned (they don't have to even make an appeal, they are just your responsibility)

[Image: rBwRb.jpg]
The new system is great.
What if we make a warning system to go with it?
e.g. 2 block grief= 3 days (also a warning to go with it)
2 block grief again= 2 week ban ( last warning)
2 block grief once again= Permanent ban.