Stoneburner Gaming Minecraft Chat Logs
Stoneburner Gaming Minecraft Dynamic Map

New Ban Rules
Views 3931
Replies 22
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
(05-03-2013, 04:56 PM)Peppy Wrote:  REPEAT OFFENDERS: If you're banned for anything, and you get banned again for anything else, double the lengths on all of those. (ex. 10 days is now 20)

If you are a third time offender, going by the three strike system, you're out. You're banned indefinitely until you can make a successful appeal, and you must wait triple the waiting time before making an appeal.
ta-da?
its a little close (minus the Warnings Tongue) but yea generally ANY grief is an Instant ban as we saw what happened to me

@John, Yes, Rei's minimap is perfectly legal.

@Tassam/Stardus, We'll have the old system apply to all current running appeals.
@Riding, See what Hyper said, basically.
@Rights, See the "REPEAT OFFENDERS" section.

[Image: peppy2.png]
What of things such as Rule 19?

This is great and also someone such as Peppy should make a list fo allowed mods. He should add the ones he knows and then if someone says a new one that he thinks should be allowed he should add it to he list of allowed mods.

[Image: signaturecompleted.jpg]

I leik 7even
jai, the rule of thumb with mods is that:
"Mods which do not give the player an unfair advantage over other players are allowed"
"Mods which do give the player an unfair advantage over other players are not allowed"
Yes, I'm allowed to have 2 rules of thumb, I have 2 thumbs.
If in doubt, ask roberestarkk(me) because I'm Mod Savvy.
I'll not be making a list though, because the number of Minecraft Mods is... Extensive... to say the least.

I'm also with Purd, but would like to addressall the other rules that don't seem to be mentioned...
Maybe just have a blanket duration for any of the other rules broken, or just leave it to the subjectivity of whichever Admin deals with it...

I also couldn't help but notice the appeal stuff...
Polls last 3 days, approvals another 3.
"3 days, can appeal the day of." Appeal would be decided 3 days after the ban had ended.
"7 days, can appeal after 2 days." Appeal would be decided 1 day after the ban had ended.
Might need to rejigger some numbers somewhere... Either in the Appeals process or in the ban durations.

I'll need to wait till tomorrow to poke more holes in this idea, I'm too tired to do it now...
But know that I do it constructively!

[Image: Robereid_zps75b54298.png]
Perhaps we could scrap approval for non permanent bans?

[Image: nnvfhg.jpg]
[Image: 2rgyiye.jpg] [Image: n2gznk.jpg] [Image: 2nqsmqp.jpg]
also adding to other things isnt rule 21 a little. perhaps unfair on certain things and what kind of punishment for breaking said rule. I.E. something i need to talk to admins about.

Robbeh, we'll just leave the short ones (7 day or less) up to the general public, and maybe add the burden of having the banning authority decide from there if it's a reasonable appeal, and so on...

[Image: peppy2.png]
(06-03-2013, 12:13 PM)Peppy Wrote:  Robbeh, we'll just leave the short ones (7 day or less) up to the general public, and maybe add the burden of having the banning authority decide from there if it's a reasonable appeal, and so on...
so basicalmy in the thread report put a poll with choices"warning" and "ban" and let thr people vote?

(06-03-2013, 12:29 PM)PURD3Y Wrote:  
(06-03-2013, 12:13 PM)Peppy Wrote:  Robbeh, we'll just leave the short ones (7 day or less) up to the general public, and maybe add the burden of having the banning authority decide from there if it's a reasonable appeal, and so on...
so basicalmy in the thread report put a poll with choices"warning" and "ban" and let thr people vote?
I think purdey he means it's more like banned and then when they appeal put the choices yes or no as always and let the communit vote with the overuling vote going to the person who banned them, so that that person who banned them and has all the information can be the judge of whether or not they are sincere in their appolgy. Arguing angrily (as oppsoed to reasonably) with the mod you are about to be banned by is generally a bad way to go.

Obviously if there was a particular mod or admin banning for 2-3 block grief over and over and never ever accepting an appeal no mater how reasonable or however the player's track record looks then that admin/mod would be under scrutiny and would be spoken to about it.

[Image: nnvfhg.jpg]
[Image: 2rgyiye.jpg] [Image: n2gznk.jpg] [Image: 2nqsmqp.jpg]