Stoneburner Gaming Minecraft Dynamic Map

New advert
Views 1377
Replies 9
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
http://www.planetminecraft.com/server/stoneburner-gaming-casual-factions/

So, i would absolutely love it if you'd drop in, leave a comment and all that junk there, Big Grin.

Is that... is it really... YES IT IS MY POLICE STATION THAT IS NOW VISIBLE ON PMC!!! WHOOOOOOO!!!

BTW... will there also be an advert for the FTB server one day?

Firefighter0701

Apples are healthy. Still you could choke yourself and die. However, apples are not classified as dangerous. Why should vaccinations be?
Vaccinations save lives.
(08-06-2015, 08:00 PM)Firefighter Wrote:  BTW... will there also be an advert for the FTB server one day?
Not likely, at least until we get some plugins and a domain ip.

If it lasts that long... :/

[Image: Robereid_zps75b54298.png]
What do you mean?

Provided any form of EE isn't in the modpack, you'll be fine....

Funny you should mention that, although EE3 is a hell of a lot more balanced than EE2. If we were to start advertising to the general public i would have to go to the effort of creating an item banlist, but as it stands i would much rather have one thread for the server and the ip, and have any current members who are interested join. I hope it won't get to the point where i have to whitelist the server, but so far the only issue related to griefing is someone throwing clouds into our hotel, which is ok.

I guess i should give reasons as to not advertising, though it's nothing that isn't immediately obvious.

- No plugins on the server as of yet (Cauldron support for the newest FTB modpacks is minimal at best, waiting for the devs to stop yelling at each other to provide something stable).

- A lot of the items could be abused to either create mass havoc, crash the server, corrupt the world save or lag the server out to the extreme (World anchors being a huge culprit for the lag).

- I want to keep a vanilla vibe, but it is harder to maintain the more people that are on.

- There is practically no staff to moderate the server, and no integraton with the current forums to help in reports or anything of the sort. We've been given the ok from pep to have it as an SBG server, but as it stands, we're pretty much on our own. Myself and deng have OP rights and are active, and i give people such as Fire access to reboot the server where necessary, but there's no core protect, no chat logs, no rollbacks, we're open to attacks.

- Finally, although i think we've found a permanent modpack that we all agree on, we're not stable yet. We're dealing with things as they come along, but i'm not gun-hoe about cloning the SMP server plugin wise and whatnot. Like i said, we're not stable, and we haven't discussed what plugins/additional mods (if any) we want.

(09-06-2015, 07:56 AM)Baivo Wrote:  What do you mean?

All the times we've tried to start a modded server (D'Koda and myself), none of them have lasted more than a month or two because we didn't advertise outside the existing community for some of the same reasons you don't want to (not even all the reasons, because we had a lot of the things you don't yet) and interest from the playerbase fizzled out... I do wish you the best of luck though Smile

(09-06-2015, 09:56 AM)Baivo Wrote:  - No plugins on the server as of yet (Cauldron support for the newest FTB modpacks is minimal at best, waiting for the devs to stop yelling at each other to provide something stable).

- There is practically no staff to moderate the server, and no integraton with the current forums to help in reports or anything of the sort. We've been given the ok from pep to have it as an SBG server, but as it stands, we're pretty much on our own. Myself and deng have OP rights and are active, and i give people such as Fire access to reboot the server where necessary, but there's no core protect, no chat logs, no rollbacks, we're open to attacks.

- Finally, although i think we've found a permanent modpack that we all agree on, we're not stable yet. We're dealing with things as they come along, but i'm not gun-hoe about cloning the SMP server plugin wise and whatnot. Like i said, we're not stable, and we haven't discussed what plugins/additional mods (if any) we want.

I linked you a whole bunch of Forge mods that emulated most of the Spigot plugins we use on Main Sad
(Yes including Permissions, Rollbacks&Logging, Essentials, WorldGuard, WorldEdit, and all that)
Also, it's pretty easy to add subforums for FTB, especially if Peppy's welcomed you under the SBG umbrella Smile

Also Also, there will never be a Cauldron build ever again by the look of it. Sponge is where it's at now for Forge Plugins, and they've already released a version to be used... Admittedly an alpha... If you really want to go down the road of using plugins instead of Mods for server management and admin. Not sure of the state of Sponge plugins though... Might want to browse the list of released plugins on their forums before deciding...

OH! Getting back on topic, I've also posted a notice that we've started advertising on PMC onto the Facebook group... I'm not sure how well that thing's gonna go though... Might need to add a bunch more admins who'll pay attention to things that are going on and post about them...

Get ready for more shenanigans in half an hour, Tongue.