Stoneburner Gaming Minecraft Chat Logs
Stoneburner Gaming Minecraft Dynamic Map

!!READ ME!! State of the Main Server [05/01/2015]
Views 8532
Replies 53
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Shameless bump so people don't miss the new content.

[Image: Robereid_zps75b54298.png]
WHAT
Get rid of MCBans right now!

[Image: dreadofmondayssmall.png]
2:19:20 PM: T_Nigs Wrote:use common sense
So you need to donate to rank up? You may need to show where the branches are, for example, if im highly trusted but haven't got a whole lot of buildings can I still get trusted? Or do I need to be adv first?
And you may want to say that mods are application positions and that there are currently no more mods being accepted.

*EDIT* 666th post people! hehehe... *EDIT*

[Image: nnvfhg.jpg]
[Image: 2rgyiye.jpg] [Image: n2gznk.jpg] [Image: 2nqsmqp.jpg]
(31-01-2012, 05:16 AM)Dreadofmondays Wrote:  WHAT
Get rid of MCBans right now!

dread if your gonna say something, particular along the lines of *get rid of* please take the time to actually state your reasons for wanting it to be gotten rid of, rather than just making a random statement for no reason.

McBans has no affect on the running of the server in general, its simply a track of a global use of servers who have banned you and the reason why, this allows mods / admins to be able to monitor new users, and keep an eye on any that pop up as *has been banned previously* rather than just taking it in good faith, and then sighing when they eventually go nuts and are subsequently banned.

so unless you can give a decent response on why we should possibly remove it, that doesnt include something like *what i did on another server has no baring on this one* etc etc... then i suggest you retract your comment.

I'm Watching You Grief.....  *BOOOOOM Head Shot*
I figured that the * based inheriting would make it pretty clear that the player ranks, Guest>Builder>Advanced>Trusted>Donator was one track, and the administrative ranks Mod>Admin was another...
I'll try to draw/upload a picture for you though jak, you need to Donate to get the Donator rank, that's why "Donate money to Hall" is a reqirement for that rank, but not any others...

Also, I tried to word the Progression/Promotion section so that it detailed the main requirement for each rank.
Trusted: To attain the rank of Trusted, the Admins must feel as though you can be Trusted with the additional responsibilities.
This doesn't mention any prerequisites of being a good builder, or having to have the Advanced rank. But I will say that it seems only logical that, Trust being something that takes time to build up, you'd probably have Advanced or possibly Builder by the time the Admins felt they could trust you enough...

[rant:]
I don't think I should need to say they're application posts honestly... If you want to apply for Mod, you should know these things... Mods are primarily help-givers and mediators in-game and IMO they have already failed at that if they don't even know how to properly go about applying... How can they be expected to render assistance if they don't know themselves? Their knowledge should already be sufficient to the task ere they consider applying.
[/rant]

Weavy, I see where you're coming from, but under the assumption that he has read the article I provided with my summary of McBans (which seems likely as I had recently bumped the topic to show people there was new content and had clearly pointed out where it was), I see no fault with him voicing his opinion and expecting others who are posting to have likewise read the OP and relevant links...

My blind hatred of McBans based on it's past is likely not helpful when trying to be informative, and Hall has explained some of the changes in how it works so that it seems less evil. I'll edit my post to reflect these shortly. Don't blame dread for being contaminated by my bias.

Ty Rob, i'm only suggesting mate. I know most of this myself, but I figure if we are going to include the servers Ip why not include everything XD

Weavy:
After reading the report on MCbans, even if it's not interfering with the server, I don't want to support it on principle if it's being run by such assholes. Edit: I just reread it and I feel like punching envygeeks in the face. Folks, this is possibly the most arrogant and conceited person you will ever meet.

Also I found this:
http://www.reddit.com/comments/dxtk7/what_doridian_mcadmin_did_was_stupid_but/

[Image: dreadofmondayssmall.png]
2:19:20 PM: T_Nigs Wrote:use common sense
Maybe you should make a heading about all the commands each rank has access to Tongue

that would be useful.
I think there was a conversation about who can do what yesterday on the server.

There is already a section about that, it's just empty because I haven't managed to corner someone with console access and interrogate them about the commands available to each group yet...