Stoneburner Gaming Minecraft Chat Logs
Stoneburner Gaming Minecraft Dynamic Map

Save Our Server! (SOS)
Views 3860
Replies 31
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
We need a new focus, seriously. Minecraft is fine and all, but as we all notice, it's pretty much a dead horse.

So! Here's your challenge... Find us a new game that has the same level of following, fun, and freshness that Minecraft had three years ago. Requirements are that it has to be something I can host on this server. I want to be able to continue hosting something people have fun with, and basically just bring back a livelihood to our server. Much like we had... You guessed it! Three years ago.

[Image: peppy2.png]
Baivo had suggested a map some weeks ago... and he also had an idea of how to do stuff. It's just ahuge isle with all kinds of biomes (such as glaciers) What about that: We smash a red line through the isle (orientated on biome borders and rivers of course) and we make two nations led by... Deng and Peppy. And thenw e see what happens. I would keep the basic SMP idea as this concept is what I like most about the concept. As Baivo suggested earlier: We put the map on the second server and whitelist two or three persons who prepare it. Putting in that red line and setting up a few basic buildings as capitals of the two nations as well as a spawn. If everyone is cool with that I would suggest myself to help preparing the map.

Firefighter0701

Apples are healthy. Still you could choke yourself and die. However, apples are not classified as dangerous. Why should vaccinations be?
Vaccinations save lives.
I haven't got any suggestions for a new game but the old steam group a few of us are still in is still active. It's under "Laws of Minecraft SMP server." But it's still a thing. Maybe we should make a new steamgroup called Stoneburner Gaming, use the new discord chat Robbeh's plugging, and we can make it a bit more of a gaming community than a minecraft server.

[Image: nnvfhg.jpg]
[Image: 2rgyiye.jpg] [Image: n2gznk.jpg] [Image: 2nqsmqp.jpg]
While I kinda like the idea of booting back up MC, we need to be a little realistic here. While a new map is nice, it takes time to build and as we can see, even then emphasized by Peppy, we don't really have the time to make a new map thats ready form the getgo.

Personally I'd suggest a DayZ server, it's not overly expensive to buy and a decent few of us already have it. However you kinda need a decent PC to run it which I know not all of us have...

EDIT: Dangit Jak, you are in the SbG group already, Tongue.

Aaaaw... pls not. The economical and social systems that generated themselves out of factions were always what I enjoyed most. Now obviously that can't be continued but still there should be some kind of citizenship. Some kind of state structure that assigns specific people specific functions, rights and duties in a group.

Firefighter0701

Apples are healthy. Still you could choke yourself and die. However, apples are not classified as dangerous. Why should vaccinations be?
Vaccinations save lives.
I agree fire but I can't think of another game that allows for such.

Oh. Well there you go. It didn't show up in my groups list yesterday when I looked my steam's been doin weird shiz. I'd be up for buying Day Z.

[Image: nnvfhg.jpg]
[Image: 2rgyiye.jpg] [Image: n2gznk.jpg] [Image: 2nqsmqp.jpg]
(22-10-2015, 11:58 AM)cwpaus Wrote:  I agree fire but I can't think of another game that allows for such.

* Firefighter rolls up into a ball like a hedgehog and starts to cry...

Firefighter0701

Vaccinations save lives.
I already own DayZ and wouldn't mind getting into it with you guys. I'll keep my eyes peeled for any other games that fit the criteria.

EDIT:

Some ideas that came to mind right after I posted were two things:

1. Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO. It's a free game with the ability to purchase Cartel Points which can lead to shinier gear, but purchase isn't necessary to have a fun experience. No hosting is needed since it's an MMO. There are also player-made guilds with their own fortresses and bonuses. King_Roy has been playing it quite often lately, and it may be fun.

The real drawback is that most campaigns are aimed more toward single-player aspects in storyline missions and decisions. The community aspect arises from guilds and their fortresses and using everyone combined strengths for raids and whatnot. There's obviously not much room for controlling or modifying the game.

I don't expect Star Wars to be a big hit among us, but it's something to think about.

2. Again, while not fully addressing our want for a new game to host in the manner we do Minecraft, we could on occasion host tournaments in match-style games such as Command & Conquer, Age of Empires, Civilization, Xcom, etc. I know we occasionally set up games like this between a few players, but if we could perhaps put more focus into it and make it a more regular thing, it may bring back some activity.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/366220/
?

[Image: Robereid_zps75b54298.png]