Stoneburner Gaming Minecraft Dynamic Map

Tekkit Classic vs Tekkit Lite
Views 454
Replies 3
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[Helpful announcement from your friendly neighbourhood Tekkit Admin:]

Heya guys and girl(s)! Some of you may have noticed the release of Tekkit Lite or at the very least the renaming of regular Tekkit to Tekkit Classic. (Tekkit Classic is the one you want to use to connect to our currently hosted server.)
If you haven't, here's a quick summary of the major difference!
Quote: Why is it called Tekkit Lite? It’s definitely not because of a shortage
of mods. Tekkit Lite has no out-of-the-box Bukkit support like Tekkit
Classic had.

Now, as some will realise, Bukkit is the mechanism by which all of the server protection plugins and permissions plugins and command plugins actually work. Not having Bukkit and thusly not having plugins makes it highly unlikely we will be using Tekkit Lite in the near future.
It does include ForgeEssentials which "is a forge mod that hopes to replace some of the most common Bukkit plugins all in one package.". However, until I can look into it in great detail, we won't be making the change just yet.
Additionally, the only thing keeping D'Koda and myself from swapping to a Feed The Beast modpack is the lack of Bukkit Plugin support. Should Tekkit drop Tekkit Classic in favour of Tekkit Lite, that will no-longer be the case, and we'll probably swap to FTB...

I realise that, from the way the announcement about Tekkit Lite is worded, Tekkit Classic support will shortly be dropped (like MC Classic) and will no-longer be updated, and it doesn't escape my notice that Tekkit Lite is far superior in terms of Mod Version and number of mods. So it is highly likely that we will be swapping to Tekkit Lite eventually...
[Image: 30769595.jpg]

Now I just thought I'd make some sort of official-y announcement regarding this, to trick you all into thinking I'm paying very close attention to Tekkit still, and so that you know what is happening.

tl;dr:
Tekkit Lite was released and Tekkit Classic (formerly just Tekkit) looks like it's being discontinued, but we aren't swapping to Tekkit Lite until I can look into it further. Even then, we may just go with FTB given Tekkit's recent troubles and FTB's recent awesome.
[/Helpful announcement from your friendly neighbourhood Tekkit Admin]

Oh and I've just had a gander at the Tekkit Lite forums... The reaction has been less than positive so far...

And after a cursory glance at ForgeEssentials... It only really offers re-implementation of Essentials(For Bukkit) and WorldEdit(but only partially) and offers no block logging or area protection or permissions/ranks mechanism...

Dark Days Ahead... But here's hoping something better comes from them.

[Image: Robereid_zps75b54298.png]
(05-01-2013, 12:11 AM)roberestarkk Wrote:  Additionally, the only thing keeping D'Koda and myself from swapping to a Feed The Beast modpack is the lack of Bukkit Plugin support. Should Tekkit drop Tekkit Classic in favour of Tekkit Lite, that will no-longer be the case, and we'll probably swap to FTB...

And I can honestly prefer FTB than Tekkit nowadays. Plus, I'm very interested in how everyone would run Forestry...

what is this feed the beast?
and thanks for clarifying Smile
your doing good rob and D'koda Big Grin

Feed the beast is a modpack much like tekkit with a few differences. FTB also has the support of the mod makers unlike tekkit. Google it or watch some videos for more information Tongue