Stoneburner Gaming Minecraft Dynamic Map

Tekkit Downtime *sadface*
Views 335
Replies 17
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Only problem with FTB is there is no way of grief protection
but if we do use FTB for an extra challenge do it with GregTech so its not so easy

The performance issues aren't being caused by Tekkit, we've just stopped it so that more resources can be spared for Main so that it can cope with the issues better.

And good point rights, let's make a FTB server! Mindcrack or Direwolf20?

That problem with FTB is the exact same problem as Tekkit Lite.

Actually, scratch that... It's entirely possible to get SOME of the plugins we use on Tekkit working on Tekkit Lite/ FTB Modpacks with BukkitForge.
So the only real choice is which mods do we want, and do we even want to use one of the existing ones or make our own?

[Image: Robereid_zps75b54298.png]
The mod that has vis in it? and ogres just for fun xD
If any modpack can provide those mods in it, I'll go with it.

I would like to have the new version of Computercraft in the modpack... just cause there are operating systems and COLOUR!!!

help
Make a poll to see which mod packs people want? Link to mod packs so people can research?

[Image: nnvfhg.jpg]
[Image: 2rgyiye.jpg] [Image: n2gznk.jpg] [Image: 2nqsmqp.jpg]
If we do happen to switch to a different modpack, I would assume that the current Tekkit Classic map would be put up for download. Am I correct in thinking this?

EDIT: Ah, and jak, the launcher supports custom modpacks so we can mash together any and all mods (under the assumption that they do not conflict)

help
(18-01-2013, 06:30 PM)Hyperaxe1 Wrote:  If we do happen to switch to a different modpack, I would assume that the current Tekkit Classic map would be put up for download. Am I correct in thinking this?

EDIT: Ah, and jak, the launcher supports custom modpacks so we can mash together any and all mods (under the assumption that they do not conflict)
The list major mods or sets of mods in a multiple choice poll and find out what the tekkit players are looking for.

[Image: nnvfhg.jpg]
[Image: 2rgyiye.jpg] [Image: n2gznk.jpg] [Image: 2nqsmqp.jpg]
Since both Tekkit Lite and the FTB packs all run off the ForgeModLoader mod, it stands to reason that all the mods in all the packs will be compatible with each other and any other Forge mods, as long as the block and item ID's are configured properly.

The big problem with a custom modpack is actually balancing...
EE2 was discontinued, so we won't have people using collectors and condensers and RM Tools anymore, but there're many tech mods out there which (compared to many others) are scaled too high.

EG. If we install IndustrialCraft, then any other mods will need to be configured to be balanced to it, and it to them...
Should we then install GregTech, quite a few of the IC recipe's will be changed to make them more difficult to obtain, which would require a rebalance of the entire pack...

Alot of this will have already been done by others, and I'm not too bad at digging out the relevant forum posts to assist in that sort of thing where possible, but it's still going to be alot of work should it come to pass.
Compared to that, everything else is child's play.

As for a list of mods...
Have fun!

[Image: Robereid_zps75b54298.png]