Stoneburner Gaming Facebook Link
Stoneburner Gaming Steam Group Link
Stoneburner Gaming Minecraft Chat Logs
Stoneburner Gaming Minecraft Dynamic Map

Poll: How do you want the warning traffic signs to be regulated on our server?
This poll is closed.
The TRIANGLE should be the standard shape for warning signs, but EVERY TOWN CAN DECIDE on their own, what shape they want to use.
33.33%
1 33.33%
The DIAMOND should be the standard shape for warning signs, but EVERY TOWN CAN DECIDE on their own, what shape they want to use.
0%
0 0%
The TRIANGLE should be the SERVER-WIDE warning sign shape.
33.33%
1 33.33%
The DIAMOND should be the SERVER-WIDE warning sign shape.
33.33%
1 33.33%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Traffic signs for our server
Views 313
Replies 2
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
As many of you know, I am working on introducing traffic signs as maps for our server.
We are a multinational community with members from the US, Canada, Germany, the UK and to the most part Australia. That of course makes it difficult to decide how I make traffic signs. Fortunately many signs have been harmonized internatinoally, but there are still little but important distinctions. In this thread I want to make a poll about the most notable: Traffic signs indicating dangers.

In the entirety of Europe and many other states of the world, a red-lined white-centered triangle is the universal sign for a danger, containing either an exclamation mark as general danger or specific pictograms. That is what I am used to and would have almost forgotten may not be the case in many other countries. Here's an example:
[Image: 80px-Zeichen_151.svg.png]

As I found out, both the US and Australia use the diamond shape for warning signs. Just to make sure everybody knows what I'm talking about:
[Image: 80px-Australia_road_sign_W5-29.svg.png]

I personally would like to allow every town to decide on their own what traffic signs they would like, but most of our lands are unclaimed. That is why I let you vote.

1: The standard warning sign shape of our server should be the TRIANGLE but EVERY TOWN CAN DECIDE what it uses on their territory.
2: The standard warning sign shape of our server should be the DIAMOND but EVERY TOWN CAN DECIDE what it uses on their territory.
3: The TRIANGLE shape should be used as a SERVER-WIDE warning sign shape.
4: The DIAMOND shape should be used as a SERVER-WIDE warning sign shape.

After the poll has finished, I will count the votes for triangle or diamond and the votes for town-can-decide or server-wide each.

If you have further questions or ideas, write it below here.

Firefighter0701

Apples are healthy. Still you could choke yourself and die. However, apples are not classified as dangerous. Why should vaccinations be?
Vaccinations save lives.
What traffic? People usually just teleport around.

By the way your poll is structured, it's asserting that this will become a mandatory part of the server no matter which way we vote. You need to first create a petition petitioning that this becomes a part of the server. Until then, I'm withholding my vote.

I should have made this clear before: None of this is intended to be mandatory.
A few months ago I made the offer to design a coat of arms as a map for every new town for free, just like I did for Myrkvithr. I actively made a few new town leaders aware. It was never anything more than an offer that nobody needs to follow. I talked to a few members when I started on the signs and recieved only positive response for the idea.

Firefighter0701

Apples are healthy. Still you could choke yourself and die. However, apples are not classified as dangerous. Why should vaccinations be?
Vaccinations save lives.